We are sorry to hear that you have lost your item and understand you may be distressed about this. We take this matter seriously and will do our best to help you locate your item.
Please provide us with the details in the blanks below via RydeHELP.
- Tap on Trips > Past, and select the trip in which you left your item.
- Tap on ‘I lost an item.’
- Provide the necessary details for us to best assist you.
The following are our lost and found procedures.
If Item is Found
- With the driver’s consent, we will provide you with their contact number.
- Arrange with the driver privately for the return of the item in good time. We recommend 24 hours as a guideline as drivers may not be available immediately.
- We recommend that you compensate the driver for the trip, based on the distance from his/her location to yours (based on RydeX fares).
(We recommend a $25 minimum fare to compensate the driver’s time.)
If Item is NOT Found
- Driver will make an official declaration to Ryde that he/she made best efforts to find the item but was unable to do so.
- Ryde will inform you in the event of this, after which you are advised to make a police report if the item is valuable.
- Send a copy of the police report to email@example.com titled “Police Report: Lost (Item Description) Trip ID 12345678”
Do note that drivers are independent contractors and neither Ryde nor drivers are responsible for the item(s) left in a vehicle after a trip ends. We cannot guarantee that the driver has your item(s) or can immediately return it to you.